Thread: EUCOM Economic Analysis - Part I

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Money flows & 'kith & kin'

Firn you referred and I cite in part:
    His story has been repeated in recent times all over the developed world, where immigrants support their relatives living still in developing countries.
    This economic aspect of 'kith & kin' has pooped up before; there is a thread on the population and political aspects of 'kith & kin' on:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ead.php?t=8829

In the latest issue of the RUSI Journal Dr. Jonathan Eyal, a political analyst, has an article 'The EU's Alternative Futures' amidst the generally grim prose was this surprise:
    ..the better educated from the poor EU states will migrate outside Europe altogether; the flow has already started from Spain to Latin America and from Portugal to its former colonies of Brazil, Angola and Mozambique.
    The Portuguese aspect puzzled me, having visited a 'new town' built after 1974 in northern Portugal to accommodate the refugees from Angola and Mozambique. Given the manner in which those refugees left, it is noteworthy others are now prepared to return.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-10-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    davidbfpo