Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
Given that the US had 100 odd years to observe and learn from other countries colonial experiences on balance the performance has been poor. No sign of any improvement on the horizon either.
Possibly the US does not aspire to recreate a colonial experience. I see no reason why we should.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
I'm sure you will have scored points with the moderators with that comment. Never know when you may need to call in that marker, hey?
I've yet to complain about anyone here to a moderator, or to request assistance from a moderator. No reason to, really. Their tolerance for incivility is far lower than mine, but it's their playpen and their rules.

If you've had problems with them I'd suggest couching the same message in a less abrasive style... not that abrasiveness is an issue for me, but I don't make or enforce the rules here, and it is an issue for those who do. I think you'd find that nobody minds the message. It's really not terribly threatening or offensive in any event, no reason why they should mind.