blueblood
This is what Hitler told in Mein Kampf.
Now that takes "biased source" to a new high -- or new low.
I never said that Americans sucked at this but the proclamation of being the best is a bit hard to digest.
That may be what I said or implied but I certainly believe 'least bad' might be far more appopriate...

JMA:
Ken, your disconnect with current reality is growing.
This from the crowd acknowledged master of diconnectedness. What a compliment. Thank you.

With respect to your moderator comment, I presume you can offer concrete examples? Other than my one time telling you that even though we were in a discusssion, I wouldn't hesitate to shut things down if you crossed the line; you did not, I did not -- and while I certainly may have missed one or more incidents -- I can recall no other incident where another Moderator has done what you flatly state:
In true coyboy style I note moderators have a tendency to be trigger happy and too quick on the draw - if you know what I mean. The bias is disgraceful, but then again that is to be expected.
I presume you can show evidence to confirm that assertion?

It would be nice if you could also discuss coyboys a bit, I'm sure that'll be fascinating.
Given that the US had 100 odd years to observe and learn from other countries colonial experiences on balance the performance has been poor. No sign of any improvement on the horizon either.
With that, I can agree. As I wrote to blueblood, "least bad" would've been a better phrase...

Fuchs:
On top of CONUS conquered and "stayed": Hawaii, Samoa, Puerto Rico
CONUS was accepted if not stated as the topic was going elsewhere to conquer. You can count the Louisiana and Alaska purchases as conquering if you wish.

I included both Samoa and Hawaii in the catch all "Pacific Islands" and mentioned Puerto Rico. Other than the latter, there was no conquering involved for the rest; occupying, yes -- conquering no.

Still your point's valid and my attempt at brevity by not writing 'foreign' in front of conquer(ing) and expanding that a bit was not totally accurate.

davidbfpo:

The Qissa Khwani Bazaar incident., 23 April 1930. Note the Wiki entry has links to several others of lesser import including some post-Raj as well.