Thread: Green on Blue: causes and responses (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    Perhaps the US public will tolerate "green on blue" after 2014? What opinions do American members hold on that?
    Personally, I don't think it will matter. It probably won't even make the news unless it is a slow news day.

In the US, the military has almost reached the level of the French Foreign Legion.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---

Curmudgeon:

Very interesting comment ref the French Foreign Legion. I don't know if I would go that far. I think the American public has always been far more casualty tolerant that the elites are (if things are perceived as intelligently prosecuted) so I would attribute it maybe more to that, but a very interesting comment. I'll have to think on that.

David:

The US public will tolerate a lot, far more than the elites will. The question is what the elites will tolerate. In these cases maybe the elites are quite willing to tolerate them because it isn't their children being murdered. The victims are the Imperial Legionaires, like Curmudgeon talked about (I've been thinking fast). Also to expand upon my comment about the American public being casualty tolerant, another thing that may be happening is the public has just given up on anything being done to change things. I believe a lot of people on the Council don't much bother with Afghanistan anymore because nothing changes-ever. It and we just keep proceeding the same way. I think there is a possibility that the American public feels the same, nothing will ever change. Why bother thinking about it?

I don't know about this so much, the guys who are actually there will know. How will this affect the actions of the guys in the field, not the officially promulgated policies, but what people actually do?
    Last edited by carl; 08-18-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene