Thread: U.S. Will Train Latin American Militaries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You do have to admit, both prize their own flags quite a bit Its hard not to notice the security and stability in Kurdistan, particulalry when you contrast it to the rest of Iraq. However, Mosul is getting better. The IA & IP are working together better all the time - they have realized (at least on my side of the river) that they need each other, since neither have the forces to go it alone. We all sat down one day and aired everything out. Its not perfect, but its pretty good. Just in the last 8 months these guys have made some big strides. We sat down the other day and went over the last 3 years from a platoon of ICDC to a BN, to BDEs that have done their TOA, to a DIV HQs that will be there in the next 6 months. What is great is the leadership is starting to form a common understanding about where they are at, and where they need to go. I'm hoping that over the next 3-4 months I see as much progress as we have in the last 6 (it took the first few months just to figure things out)
    Last edited by Rob Thornton; 11-11-2006 at 05:24 AM.