Hey Carl,
Hope your C12 adventures are still keeping you excited

A good point, but I would also like to point out that most of the missionaries and Belgians that were born there and could dance the lingo with the best of the Zairois also called Zaire home. What did Tom accuse me of ? Reading your opponent before he ever had the thought of doing it. Not a language thing and not a skin color thing. Being called mundele never much mattered to me, but the compliments I did enjoy.

We could no more break up Congo than we could separate NY from the USA. Regardless of the shape she's in, the people still think of it as home in one piece. At least the people still pathetically believe in their country (something I would have never thought after the abuse they have been through).

Take care, Stan

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
Two comments based on my brief time in Congo.

First, I don't think the race of any American military adviser sent to Congo would make a difference. An American was a mundele no matter what color they were.

Second, it might make great sense to break Congo up into parts but I am not sure the Congolese see it like that. They seemed to accept the idea that the DRC was one country and should stay that way.