Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia, politics and power: internal & external(new title)

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    comrade mirhond--since he is Russia's best friend--which of the 4Ds of Russian propaganda is he using?

will be relatively easy for you--but will list them--dismiss, distort, distract, dismay

Or is he just crazy???

War Criminal and crippled Zakharchenko is getting delusional about the attack on Marinka: 400 killed and 1000 wounded pic.twitter.com/WBQGGNqNB7

BUT since he was at the battle--then he is crazy as no one else seems to have mentioned the same numbers.

Zako Subdivision: It looks as though terrorist leader #Zakharchenko led the attack in #Marinka. pic.twitter.com/WlEQRbrG3r
    He seems to have been lying----

Video emerged with Zakharchenko on day of #Marinka battle, apparently they talk about heavy losses and orders retreat http://inforesist.org/terrorista-zax...koj/?_utl_t=tw

War Criminal and crippled Zakharchenko is getting delusional about the attack on Marinka: 400 killed and 1000 wounded pic.twitter.com/WBQGGNqNB7
    BUT since he was at the battle--then he is crazy as no one else seems to have mentioned the same numbers.
    Dugin joins the choir: ukrainian armada and foreign mercenaries attacked from #Marinka on Petrovski dist of #Donetsk

@ kaur
    Music to me ears, that's a good collection of articles. Could I humbly ask you to visit the Ukraine threads - allmost nothing from you there for some time.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-06-2015 at 02:15 AM. Reason: PM to author and text removed
    Haeresis est maxima opera maleficarum non credere.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    @ kaur
    Music to me ears, that's a good collection of articles. Could I humbly ask you to visit the Ukraine threads - allmost nothing from you there for some time.
    care to comment????

There's a phrase missing betw "grows as" and "Kiev" 2wit "Russia shows contempt for Minsk and continues to lie that" https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/statu...89731310428160

Putin tells Italian paper Russia backs Ukraine peace deal http://reut.rs/1ATxci9nternatio

comrade mirhond--notice even Putin uses the Russian propaganda 4Ds---this time he uses the distort and distract and a little dismiss thrown in Ds.

The invasion of #Ukraine remains the greatest existential threat to international security" http://www.newsweek.com/putins-thinl...working-339817 … pic.twitter.com/oyiLnPB7Yc

Very sad: Russia's finest old entrepreneur and philanthrop Dmitry Zimin forced to leave Russia. The best of all. http://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/new...-rossiyu---rbk

Illustrative: Donetsk rebels stole more than $12 million from A Yanukovych's bank in
    Donetsk. Collateral damage? http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2015/06/5/7070300/

care to comment????

1. There's a phrase missing betw "grows as" and "Kiev" 2wit "Russia shows contempt for Minsk and continues to lie that" https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/statu...89731310428160

2. Putin tells Italian paper Russia backs Ukraine peace deal http://reut.rs/1ATxci9nternatio

3. comrade mirhond--notice even Putin uses the Russian propaganda 4Ds---this time he uses the distort and distract and a little dismiss thrown in Ds.

4. The invasion of #Ukraine remains the greatest existential threat to international security" http://www.newsweek.com/putins-thinl...working-339817 … pic.twitter.com/oyiLnPB7Yc

5. Very sad: Russia's finest old entrepreneur and philanthrop Dmitry Zimin forced to leave Russia. The best of all. http://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/new...-rossiyu---rbk

6. Illustrative: Donetsk rebels stole more than $12 million from A Yanukovych's bank in
    Donetsk. Collateral damage? http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2015/06/5/7070300/
    1. I don't understand a word in your sentence.
    2. Link is broken.
    3. What is it - Captain Obvious account?
    4. I don't think tabloid hysteria worth any comments.
    5. Yes, that's crap... nothing too special, though - it's just a part of a great cosplay Russian political class participating in, unconsciously trying to look like USA, with strong religious lobby, Homeland Security nonsense and so on.
    6. it is usually called "spoils of war".

Council Member

2. Link is broken.
    5. Yes, that's crap... nothing too special, though - it's just a part of a great cosplay Russian political class participating in, unconsciously trying to look like USA, with strong religious lobby, Homeland Security nonsense and so on.
    sound familiar comrade mirhond--

Video: My life as a pro-Putin propagandist in Russia’s secret 'troll factory' | via @Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-factory.html

Council Member

2. Link is broken.
    clear enough for you---

Russian propaganda has 4Ds--dismiss, distract, distort, dismay designed to create 2Ds --distrust and doubt

you for example work in the realm of distract, distort, dismiss

clear enough now---

clear enough for you---

Russian propaganda has 4Ds--dismiss, distract, distort, dismay designed to create 2Ds --distrust and doubt

you for example work in the realm of distract, distort, dismiss

clear enough now---
    Oh, I see now... reality hurts your believes and evidences distort your cognitive abilities. Bad for you, but I can't help you with this problem.
    Last edited by mirhond; 06-07-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Council Member

Oh, I see now... reality hurts your believes and evidenses distort your cognitive abilities. Bad for you, but I can't help you with this problem.
    comrade mirhond--should have added those that use these propaganda tactics tend to use avoidance when directly questioned

recognize anything ???

sound familiar comrade mirhond--

Video: My life as a pro-Putin propagandist in Russia’s secret 'troll factory' | via @Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-factory.html
    Link is broken, as usual.
    What amuses me most - you, Westerners, have unshakeable believe that political trolling works. Somehow it considered as granted without any evidence - isn't it pretty?

comrade mirhond--should have added those that use these propaganda tactics tend to use avoidance when directly questioned
    recognize anything ???
    When you put yourself up and stop posting irrelevant and rethoric questions about Ukraine here, I'll answer any of your questions about Russia, politics and power: internal & external written in legible English
    Last edited by mirhond; 06-07-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Council Member

What amuses me most - you, Westerners, have unshakeable believe that political trolling works. Somehow it considered as granted without any evidence - isn't it pretty?

When you put yourself up and stop posting irrelevant and rethoric questions about Ukraine here, I'll answer any of your questions about Russia, politics and power: internal & external written in legible English
    see comrade mirhond--you still do not get it--has not Putin declared to the whole world he is in the Ukraine to "protect" ethnic Russian speakers" so therefore Russia equates to the Ukraine and yet you somehow missed it--but back to Russia --here is a whole series for you to respond to and take your time.

(Novo)russian "anti-fascists" in Donetsk. pic.twitter.com/yPw7ZbzG5M

1. number one for your response--600 USDs is what your Russian mercenary is holding in his hand by the way

Even Fascist Nazis were kinder than DPR scum!" says elderly #Donbas woman who survived WWII
    http://politolog.net/ato/fashisty-by...tov-dnr-video/ … pic.twitter.com/nVPB3pEEG9

2. number two--how can it be that Nazi's have treated ethnic Russians better in the past than do your Russian mercenaries now--how can that be mirhond??

Left: The new building of the State Duma of the Russian Federation .. over 350k sqm. Right: Hitler's Germania. pic.twitter.com/bCgsWs8Q33

3. how can it be that when Russians build buildings and they always try to compete with the designs from Hitler--thought that Russia was anti Nazi???

I love the politicized Russian TV weatherman. Here he is talking about "meteorological warfare." pic.twitter.com/Otdsv1JEqM

Council Member

comrade mirhond--here is a specific Russian question for you--can you explain to the rest of the world just how it is possible or why it was Russia was invited to the G7 --G8 before Putin got booted out. the last time I checked the US pushed to have Russia a member.

remember the G7 is suppose to represent the seven strongest economic/political nations BUT more emphasis is placed on the economics than politics.

THEN how is it possible that the US State of California has a far larger economy than that of the entire nation of Russia?

should California have been the 8th member of the G7 instead of Russia?

strange is it not that the Californian state economy is far stronger than the entire economy of Russia and they do not have the oil and gas of Russia??

so again where did the 4Tillion USDs go in the last 15 years that Russia has earned just alone on oil and gas??

Council Member

comrade mirhond--get ready for more accusations that Russia has been lying on the shot down of MH17--seems your own MoD cannot get their own stories straight but again it is Russia.

Seven mistakes in their satellite photos vs commercial satellite photos--though Russia had better spy satellites?

bellingcat @bellingcat
    Initial work on our new July 17th sat imagery report has identified 7 major discrepancies in the Russian MoD imagery. More next week. #MH17

Council Member

Nothing good to expect from Putin. Kirill Rogov about new supermajority.

Unlike the Brezhnev version of conservative stabilization, which
    combined pinpointed and limited reprisals with the expansion of domestic consumption through broader use of oil and gas rent incomes, the present regime can hardly count on rent expansion. In fact, their contraction because of Russia’s economic decline is more likely. With that dynamic in mind, it appears that an effective inter- nal mobilization policy may involve radical redistribution of rent flows designed to support a new anti-Western coalition, broader oppressive practices and tighter ideological control of society, and a fairly high level of external confrontation and drummed-up threats facing society and blocking resumption of the civil agenda that was formed during the precrisis period.
    Putin has in effect scrapped the slogans of stability and sta- tus-quo maintenance that he used in his 2012 election campaign by launching the preventive counterrevolution mechanism. As I have attempted to show, the emerging internal tensions and the specific mechanisms of the authoritarian equilibrium triggered the regime’s break with the previous modus operandi and its transition toward a conflict-ridden scenario. The question is how well Putin will be able to control this scenario.
    https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploa...ia.pdf#page=27

Council Member

Goble wrote about Boeing and lies last August citing Andrei Malgin. 4D concept is good to explain things.

Writing in The Moscow Times on July 30, Andrei Malgin pointed to just how differently the Russian authorities behaved after the shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 airliner compared to how the Soviet ones reacted when they shot down KAL Flight 007 in 1983. At that time, he writes, “Soviet media did not deny the incident but focused all its propaganda efforts on explaining the context of how it happened” (The Moscow Times, July 30).

This time, however, “the Kremlin-controlled media has repeatedly [and variously] claimed that: the airplane was not shot down at all, but fell out of the sky by itself; a bomb exploded aboard the airplane; the airplane was hit by a Ukrainian missile fired from the ground; a Ukrainian air force fighter pursued and then attacked the plane; the [United States] shot down the plane in order to damage Russia’s reputation; no living people were aboard the plane as it flew on autopilot from Amsterdam, where it had been pre-loaded with ‘rotting corpses.’ ”

The Moscow commentator argued that under President Vladimir Putin, “it was not enough to simply twist the facts to their own purposes” because “when propaganda is based on nuances of interpretation, the chance always remains that someone with a fresh perspective or a critical mindset can cast doubt on those claims.” But, Malgin says, “when the authorities base their propaganda entirely on lies, they achieve their desired result faster and leave no room for doubt” (The Moscow Times, July 30).
    http://www.jamestown.org/single/?tx_...5#.VXRNFnBXerU

Default Evens trolls can speak

The allegedly 'broken link' to a UK report on trolling is below:
    Ms Savchuk says that for two months, she worked as one of scores of "internet operators" in a secretive “troll factory” called Internet Research, an anonymous four-storey building on a back street in St Petersburg, Russia’s former tsarist capital and Mr Putin’s hometown.
    Ms Savchuk’s job was to spend 12 hours a day praising the Kremlin and lambasting its perceived enemies on social networks, blogs and the comment sections of online media.
    The trolls' task, reminiscent of the black arts of Soviet disinformation, was to attack any opponent of the Russian authorities, be it dissenting politicians, pro-European Ukrainians or even Barack Obama – who was branded a "monkey" because of his black skin.

Link:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-factory.html
    davidbfpo

* see comrade mirhond--you still do not get it--has not Putin declared to the whole world he is in the Ukraine to "protect" ethnic Russian speakers" so therefore Russia equates to the Ukraine and yet you somehow missed it--but back to Russia --here is a whole series for you to respond to and take your time.

** (Novo)russian "anti-fascists" in Donetsk. pic.twitter.com/yPw7ZbzG5M

*** 1. number one for your response--600 USDs is what your Russian mercenary is holding in his hand by the way

**** Even Fascist Nazis were kinder than DPR scum!" says elderly #Donbas woman who survived WWII
    http://politolog.net/ato/fashisty-by...tov-dnr-video/ … pic.twitter.com/nVPB3pEEG9

***** 2. number two--how can it be that Nazi's have treated ethnic Russians better in the past than do your Russian mercenaries now--how can that be mirhond??

****** Left: The new building of the State Duma of the Russian Federation .. over 350k sqm. Right: Hitler's Germania. pic.twitter.com/bCgsWs8Q33

3. how can it be that when Russians build buildings and they always try to compete with the designs from Hitler--thought that Russia was anti Nazi???

I love the politicized Russian TV weatherman. Here he is talking about "meteorological warfare." pic.twitter.com/Otdsv1JEqM

* Your lingo baffles me. has not Putin declared to the whole world he is in the Ukraine to "protect" ethnic Russian speakers" so therefore Russia equates to the Ukraine - I don't understand this phrase. Do you mean Putin have said Russia=Ukraine, or what? Have mercy, please, I'am too slow to follow your stream of consciuosness.

** Irrelevant to the topic.
    *** What are you talking about?
    **** Pure chance. Granny was spared by WW2 but now she has bad luck to live in a combat zone.
    ****** Strange, but entire runet gives just a handful of search results. 90% probability you just copypasted some bull$hit. Anyway, If you don't like monumental architecture - that's only your problem, not Russian state problem Hitler was good at painting urban landscapes - by your logic, any painter who draws a building is Nazi.

comrade mirhond--here is a specific Russian question for you--can you explain to the rest of the world just how it is possible or why it was Russia was invited to the G7 --G8 before Putin got booted out. the last time I checked the US pushed to have Russia a member.

remember the G7 is suppose to represent the seven strongest economic/political nations BUT more emphasis is placed on the economics than politics.

1. THEN how is it possible that the US State of California has a far larger economy than that of the entire nation of Russia?

2. should California have been the 8th member of the G7 instead of Russia?

3. strange is it not that the Californian state economy is far stronger than the entire economy of Russia and they do not have the oil and gas of Russia??

4. so again where did the 4Tillion USDs go in the last 15 years that Russia has earned just alone on oil and gas??
    1. You may start reading A. Smith The Wealth of Nations and D. Ricardo On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, for instance.

2. Irrelevant, rethorical bull$hit.

3. See p. 1.

4. Rethorical, but if you insist, see http://old.minfin.ru/en/, and look in the pockets of political class.
    yours, Captain Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    The allegedly 'broken link' to a UK report on trolling is below:

Link:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-factory.html
    Finally, active link, thanks gawd. Do you bothered to watch "spy video"? Very intriguing. Anyway, this is a good evidence Russian bureaucracy is completely barren of imagination, retroactive, stupid and ineffective. I believe no person in charge of this "troll factory" ever bothered do search internets for vigilant volunteers, who would do their job for free, just for the sport sake.
    Last edited by mirhond; 06-07-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Default Putin is actually in serious trouble

A short article by RFE / RL that starts in the Artic, moves to the Ukraine, energy and quickly concludes:
    The Kremlin leader is caught in a trap of his own making, between economic and political imperatives.
    Link:http://www.businessinsider.com/putin...#ixzz3ic9GjKtM

As for:
    But at least Putin is still winning the battle for hearts and minds, right?.....the numbers are dismal across the board. In Europe, just 26% view Russia favorably, in the Middle East, only 25% do. In Latin America, it's only 29%. In the regions most favorably inclined toward Russia — Asia and Africa — it's just 37%. And if Russia's global image is bad, Putin's is dismal. Worldwide, just 24% trust him. In Europe, just 15% do.
    Such favourable views of Russia, even if a minority, are significant and IMHO act as a brake on diplomacy at a minimum.
    davidbfpo

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    A short article by RFE / RL that starts in the Artic, moves to the Ukraine, energy and quickly concludes:
    Link:http://www.businessinsider.com/putin...#ixzz3ic9GjKtM

As for:

Such favourable views of Russia, even if a minority, are significant and IMHO act as a brake on diplomacy at a minimum.
    Polls are inherently misleading based on interpretation of the questions, but still I found some the individual country results surprising.

I'm assuming many in Western Europe that support Putin are with the far right, which as I understand from my reading of current events is growing.

Some of the surprises

Philippines 44% had favorable view of Russia
    South Korea 46%???
    Ghana 56%

Council Member

http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/a...-enemy-in-2015

Putin vs. Putin: Why Russia Was Its Own Worst Enemy in 2015

Russia’s bold military interventions in both Ukraine and Syria have put Moscow’s geopolitical ambitions back at the center of analysis and debate. Despite last year’s confident claims in Western capitals that Moscow would be unable to sustain its efforts in both countries, there is no indication that the Kremlin plans to alter its policies in 2016. To the contrary, Russian President Vladimir Putin, having decided that core national interests are at stake, has made it clear that he will stay the course.
    At the same time, however, Russia continues to pay a heavy economic price exacted by international sanctions and declining energy revenues, which threaten its long-term global ambitions and may generate increasing popular unrest at home.
    Putin has an urgent “to do” list for 2016 that in many ways also reads like a wish list: replenish the Russian treasury and sovereign wealth funds; get the economy back on track for growth; remove conditions for unrest inside of Russia; and, of critical importance to him both personally and strategically, avoid backing down to the United States by admitting defeat in Ukraine and Syria.