... he's leaving in a week and still could use some additional support - details here. I am sure a couple of bucks from SWJ / SWC members would be greatly appreciated. The link provides the PayPal information.

Here are some additional details:

A Journey to Anbar Province
By Bill Roggio

In the coming weeks I will be taking part in an opportunity that, while not risk free, is more than I can pass up. To make it happen, I will need assistance and good fortune. I'd like your assistance in sending me to Iraq.

A couple of weeks ago I received an invitation to visit and tour the operations environment I've been covering here for the last year. That invitation, from senior Marine officers with the Regimental Combat Team - 2, 2nd Marine Division, presents an opportunity for me to provide first hand reporting from Iraq, as well as to continue to provide context to the reports coming from other sources as I've done here at the Fourth Rail.

Current planning centers on leaving in mid-November, and I plan to be out of country for a month and in theater as long as possible. I will be taking an unpaid leave of absence from my current employment, and hopefully returning to find that I'm still employed. And I'll need lots of assistance to make this a reality. Foremost is a means to defer the significant cost of going. Additionally I am seeking the media credentials necessary for entry into Iraq.

My daily reporting on the war will continue, although not here at the Fourth Rail. Along with Steve Schippert and Marvin Hutchens, I will continue to provide high value media content, along with other extensions to the coverage I have offered here. We will soon be announcing the launch of a new site focused on national and international security threats and the U.S. led war on terror. Some time before my departure I will move my coverage to that site – ThreatsWatch.Org.

Further details on the trip, financial and otherwise, are available on request. Offers of assistance should be emailed to:

billroggio@gmail.com

And for those seeking to make a financial contribution, you may do so via PayPal or if you prefer another means, please contact me at the above email address.