Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
I have never yet clicked on a You Tube link purporting to provide economic or political analysis, and I'm not going to start now. The format doesn't suit the purpose.
Pictures tell a 1000 words!

If you have not started, then you have missed much.

As reliable as the media and think tank analysis! Since everything is but a Maya!

Better that others since one can see it with your one's own two eyes and accept or reject because one should have a mind of one's own!

"Crassness" is entirely a matter of perception. As I said before, crass consumerism is what the other guy wants. Of course to the other guy, what you want is equally crass.
True.

But then, one cannot be cleverer than those who are by profession wordsmiths unless one is self opinionated as say, Churchill who had such a command over the language and its nuances, but still self opinionated. I go by what experts say.

I gave you the interpretation what is believed by the world, but then ofcourse, one will always have one's own interpretation.

No contest!

The assumption that money going to the State will "help generate faster movement towards a market driven economy and narrowing the gap between social order" seems excessively optimistic to me.
Optimism helps one to hope.

However, I have an added advantage. I am living it and experience it, even though it is far from satisfactory.

Don't you think that State decisions on what should and should not be punitively taxed to discourage consumption has the potential to produce discontent as well... both among those who would like to consume those products and among those who earn their living producing them? Those who oppose crass consumerism often forget that without consumption there will be no production, and without production there will be no employment, and on down the line.
Discontent is to be measured pragmatically.

Everyone cannot be made happy. That is so obvious and it requires no explanation.

However, the aim is achieved if the majority is happy!

Production of the irrelevant to the nation growth can be forsaken for the overall social good. Production giving money and riches to the rich and leaving the poor poor, maybe good statistically on the GDP etc, but can lead to social discontent and chaos. And then there maybe no nation!

Nowhere has it been suggested that production should stop!