Thread: Kenya (catch all)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Let’s try to have a different angle

I will not disagree with Dr Kilcullen, cause he is the expert. But I would like to point 2 things:
    1. Nairobi is no coastal city and it drags most of the people in Kenya. In Kenya, the coastal cities, like Mombasa, are the areas where AS and radical Islam find support.
    2. Like for the radical Islamist from Uganda (Jamil Mukulu from ADF), Godane, the AS leader, studied in Pakistan and tied links with radical Islam in Pakistan. (See: Kenya mall attack mastermind studied in Pakistan: Report, http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...somali-militia)
    The real question that comes is not so much what the hell Kenya is doing against Somalis but rather what the hell the world is not doing about Pakistan fueling and training radical Islamist in Africa.
    Pakistan presence, like Indian one, in Africa is still under estimated and the role of Pakistani peace keepers in proselytism and black economy still not understood nor evaluated.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by M-A Lagrange View Post
    I will not disagree with Dr Kilcullen, cause he is the expert. But I would like to point 2 things:
    1. Nairobi is no coastal city and it drags most of the people in Kenya. In Kenya, the coastal cities, like Mombasa, are the areas where AS and radical Islam find support.
    2. Like for the radical Islamist from Uganda (Jamil Mukulu from ADF), Godane, the AS leader, studied in Pakistan and tied links with radical Islam in Pakistan. (See: Kenya mall attack mastermind studied in Pakistan: Report, http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...somali-militia)
    The real question that comes is not so much what the hell Kenya is doing against Somalis but rather what the hell the world is not doing about Pakistan fueling and training radical Islamist in Africa.
    Pakistan presence, like Indian one, in Africa is still under estimated and the role of Pakistani peace keepers in proselytism and black economy still not understood nor evaluated.
    I think the greater worry is Saudi Arabia - but the West can't run a foreign policy it cannot afford, so no Western diplomat or politician is EVER going to take a tough stance on Saudi funded preachers, Saudi-trained fundamentalists preachers, Saudi funded fundamentalist Mosques or Wahabbi influence in Africa.