Thread: Every Soldier A Sensor - Localized Elicitation Training for IDs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    The reality is that SF cannot be everywhere, and where they are, they are territorial (and at times rightly so). Basic grunts need to employ some basic rules of interaction, and so it seems someone has deemed it important enough to contract training.

I think the preponderance of cultural training is self-destructive because it is too generalist and not tailored to specific AOs, barely scratches the surface for some folks and in turn actually causes confusion and inner doubt over whether one is eating soup with the right knife, and frankly is just another contract sinkhole.

We would do better when we attempt to FIND, FEEL, INFLUENCE by drafting more precise PIRs in the first place, instead of stumbling around sucking in everything we can touch, see, and hear. (**agreed**) Improve that, and we will have gone a long way to improving our plight. This training is not really beneficial to any branch of the Army. Or it could simply ensure the folks sitting around us at the shura have an easier time of perfecting their role as opportunists.
    This particular pilot training program was non-traditional and also very specific and localized to their upcoming AO, and there was training provided to recognize specific tribes and individuals who might have been outsiders. God only knows whether this training produced better rapport-building, we shall see, but with all the SF changes going on right now, I'd like to be able to see the performance on the field and whether or not at squad levels, whether these Soldiers generally know how to act, deal with their TERP FAIL etc - just what is the pervasiveness of poor interaction I'd like to know. Also, I'd like to see more COs use Shura funds rather than CERP funds or Small Rewards, to encourage those Lts and Sgts to be confident enough to hold them more regularly. What sayeth you?
    Last edited by HumanCOGRachel; 01-17-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: additions, deletions
    "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war." Thucydides

"Philosophising about war is useless under fire." Linda Berdoll

http://phoenix.mod.bg