Thread: Every Soldier A Sensor - Localized Elicitation Training for IDs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by HumanCOGRachel View Post
    "In November 2011, the US Army selected Applied Memetics LLC to launch their latest pre-deployment training program: a four-day course training 4th BCT 82D Airborne Infantry soldiers critical social networking skills so that sergeants and lieutenants alike can effectively interact and engage with tribal groups in Afghanistan. //Rach
    Rachael,

While it was not called SNA, soldiers and marines have been doing this type of work for ten years. It is not new on the tactical level; however, what continues to be missing is the ability for the system to absorb the raw information collected and translate it into intelligence and analysis.

Mike

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Rachael,

While it was not called SNA, soldiers and marines have been doing this type of work for ten years. It is not new on the tactical level; however, what continues to be missing is the ability for the system to absorb the raw information collected and translate it into intelligence and analysis.

Mike
    Or even that the information is passed up properly and that less-than-convenient information is not omitted. I still say that squad and fire-team levels have a long ways to go in the art and science of social interaction and elicitation performance, but I give credit for the few COs out there that do push that training (COIST teams even have a ways to go as I see firsthand every day those challenges) but I'd like to see more nations train in this space - particularly the Estonians, Dutch, and German guys I see a lot of... Interesting times we live in... Cheers Mike. //Rach
    "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war." Thucydides

"Philosophising about war is useless under fire." Linda Berdoll

http://phoenix.mod.bg

Default Concur, but

Quote Originally Posted by HumanCOGRachel View Post
    Or even that the information is passed up properly and that less-than-convenient information is not omitted. I still say that squad and fire-team levels have a long ways to go in the art and science of social interaction and elicitation performance, but I give credit for the few COs out there that do push that training (COIST teams even have a ways to go as I see firsthand every day those challenges) but I'd like to see more nations train in this space - particularly the Estonians, Dutch, and German guys I see a lot of... Interesting times we live in... Cheers Mike. //Rach
    Technology in and of itself will not solve the problem. The structure/system was designed for top-down not bottom up information flow.

Also, if you haven't talked to them already, you might want to collaborate with the CORE Lab folks out in Monterey, CA.