Thread: Every Soldier A Sensor - Localized Elicitation Training for IDs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Every Soldier A Sensor - Localized Elicitation Training for IDs

Hi everyone, long time no talk!

So US Army has finally come to their senses with their Airborne Infantry types - responding to the augmentation of USMC Squad-level decision making for setting up Shuras, identifying and communicating PIRs, etc... I'm really glad but that's why elicitation training localized for the AO should be required and it follows my Masters thesis conclusions. I'm glad Applied Memetics was able to provide this for the Soldiers, but this should be instituted across the board, not just role playing and lectures but engagement and interaction as a necessary element of pre-deployment work ups.

So what do you guys think? Is this kind of training useful for Armored Divs? Armored Batt COs seem traditionally uninterested in venturing outside and interacting, but I could be wrong. What do you think? Is it worth sharing with them?

Anyways, hope all is well with everyone.

In November 2011, the US Army selected Applied Memetics LLC to launch their latest pre-deployment training program: a four-day course training 4th BCT 82D Airborne Infantry soldiers critical social networking skills so that sergeants and lieutenants alike can effectively interact and engage with tribal groups in Afghanistan.

Soldiers were trained to adapt to tribal singularities honoring cultural norms, traditions and histories, encourage the participation of tribal leaders in shuras and jirgas, and perform advanced elicitation skills relevant to their upcoming area of responsibility.

The elicitation training provided was customized for their upcoming deployment and delivered critical tactics and techniques beyond what has been traditionally provided. One Sergeant commented: “Practical exercises with an interpreter and role players that acted differently each time helped prepare me to deal (with the people)…It (the training) even helped me notice the bad habits I’ve developed over the years.

Lessons highlighted how applying an understanding of the specific needs and desires of local populations is essential towards maintaining situational awareness, enhancing security, and fulfilling key priority information requirements for host country and supporting national forces, alike.
    Contact me if you want some of the unclassified slides for your units or elicitation scenarios relevant for W Kandahar.
    //Rach
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Citation in quotes and PM to author for a link
    "Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war." Thucydides

"Philosophising about war is useless under fire." Linda Berdoll

http://phoenix.mod.bg