Thread: Anonymous attacks (Catch All)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can we start killing these guys/gals now?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Patron View Post
    There's a so-called "irony" smiley .
    You can add it on top of a post (see above) or in text with ";" followed directly by a ")".

I assume you forgot this, for otherwise I gotta say I'd disrespect you and your ethics totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Patron View Post
    If we can't arrest them, what makes you think that we can locate them to kill them? I doubt they're hiding out in Waziristan.

Council Member

Default A dilemma

We're in trouble on this one.

Our agents inside the OAS can't pin him down, since not even the OAS knows who he is.

Action Service can't destroy him; they don't know who to destroy.

The gendarmes, all forty-eight thousand of them, can't pursue him; they don't know who to pursue.

The police can't arrest him. How can they? They don't know who to arrest.

Without a name, all other proposals are meaningless. The first task, then, is to find it. We get a name, we get a passport and a face. And with a face, we get an arrest. But to find his name, and to do it in secret, is a job of pure detective work.
    I don't think I've ever heard of a political killer in this country. It's not our style, is it?
    We can't find him. He's vanished, just disappeared off the face of the earth. I don't think we really ever had any idea what kind of a man you've been pursuing for the last two weeks.
    There's no question of Her Majesty's Government ever conceding the fact that this Jackal was an Englishman. So far as one can see, there was a period when an Englishman came under suspicion, but he has now been cleared. Certainly, the Jackal masqueraded as an Englishman, but he also masqueraded as a Dane and as a Frenchman. So there's no way of proving his identity at all.
    But if the Jackal wasn't Calthrop, then who the hell was he?
    LINK.

Regards

Mike

Default Dilemma and more

Well, I agree with the “dilemma” word, but the dilemma is bigger than that. In this case, you first have a US Congressman criminalizing a legal combat action under the Laws of War with unsubstantiated allegations. He creates such a media frenzy, his political sound bits become a public perception which the senior leadership of the military responds to after they are won over by the perceptions. The military legal system sorts out all the truths and bad perceptions (to a degree). Now, instead of recognizing that a system worked we have enable criminals and cowards to legitimize themselves by hacking a legal defense team website. As one who has corresponded with the defense team, I am proud and flattered to see my name displayed and associated with the defense team on the hacker’s site. Mentioned in “dispatches” …I am honored.
    "If you want a new idea, look in an old book"