Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “How the Glock became America’s weapon of choice” | Fresh Air (24 January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    1-I was shot with a .44 magnum and didn't even no it for almost 2 hours and(it did knock me to the ground) by the way that happened AFTER my Glock .40 jammed.

2-Spent a lot of time talking to ME (Medical Examiners) sometimes called Coroners and bulletts done 2 things. Exactly what you think they would do and some of the most incedible unbelieveable things I have ever seen. I actually recovered a bullet on a stretcher in the ER that had worked it's way out of a suspect.

3-If you want true stopping power or true knock down power.....use the Patrol Vehicle
    What was the cause of the jam?

Default Definitely a work of art, but not exactly a handy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I was just checking out your site. Whoa Nellie that is a work of art !

I've cringed at the thought of firing a .45-70/.410 Derringer, but your Intimidator Puzzle Pistol I would love to try (even if only once )

Hey Stan,

The site isn't mine, but I'd love to have the Intimidator Puzzle Pistol too! Talk about a conversation piece for the coffee table... Not much utility there, but truly gorgeous nonetheless.
    "At least we're getting the kind of experience we need for the next war." -- Allen Dulles

A work of art worth drooling over: http://www.maxton.com/intimidator1/i...r1_page4.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by gute View Post
    What was the cause of the jam?
    Failure to feed. Most likley caused by me. I had a shotgun pointed at me by a very unfriendly person about to pull the trigger, actually he did pull the trigger and while I was ducking, I was also pulling my weapon from my duty holster and I had a very poor grip on the weapon, which is probably why it failed to feed the second round.

Failure to feed. Most likley caused by me. I had a shotgun pointed at me by a very unfriendly person about to pull the trigger, actually he did pull the trigger and while I was ducking, I was also pulling my weapon from my duty holster and I had a very poor grip on the weapon, which is probably why it failed to feed the second round.
    What year did that happen? We had a problem with our Glock 31s in that they would occasionally lock open after firing 2-3 rounds from a full magazine.
    When we brought it to their attention they responded immediately by adding an additional coil to the magazine follower spring and giving us replacement springs for every magazine for free. That solved the problem. Everybody initially thought it was from not gripping the gun tight enough or properly, but it wasn't.
    Last edited by carl; 02-09-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    What year did that happen? We had a problem with our Glock 31s in that they would occasionally lock open after firing 2-3 rounds from a full magazine.
    When we brought it to their attention they responded immediately by adding an additional coil to the magazine follower spring and giving us replacement springs for every magazine for free. That solved the problem. Everybody initially thought it was from not gripping the gun tight enough or properly, but it wasn't.
    I had a Glock 27 a few years ago and had some of the same problems with magazine feed. I sold it to another agent who wanted a 27 as back-up. I went back to my Smith model 60 5-shot for undercover work and a general back-up. I always carry my Glock 22 and at least one extra mag. DEA regulations make it clear that an agent is to carry his issued full size duty pistol for all enforcement activities, but I have noticed agents that use the compact 27 with a Glock 22 mag. Personally, the Remington 870 12 gauge makes a believer out of everyone and I've had suspects scream like little girls and poop themselves when looking at the BOOM end. Guys who poop themselves end up in the new guy's G-ride. Makes for a great day

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Now you tell me everyone kept telling me to sue the Bastards....it was 1999. And the spring problem you describe above is what I believe actually happened. The other version was what others told me they think may have happened
    Last edited by slapout9; 02-10-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gute View Post
    DEA regulations
    One of the best training films I ever saw on what a good sight picture looks like was out put out by the DEA.

Default The Stuff Heros are made of

Hey Slap,
    Where did you put that article on your shooting incident ?

That was some freaky Sierra
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

Now you tell me everyone kept telling me to sue the Bastards....it was 1999. And the spring problem you describe above is what I believe actually happened. The other version was what others told me they think may have happened
    Funny, my PFI kept telling me I was "limping wristing" the shot. I've never limped wristed anything in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hey Slap,
    Where did you put that article on your shooting incident ?

That was some freaky Sierra
    It's on here somewhere, I don't remember which thread right off hand.

Slaphappy have you seen the Judge showing up yet? That little piece of nastiness is on my short list for future purchases.

Law enforcement tall tale: Late 80s I worked a surgery on a victim/suspect who had been shot six times in the abdomen by a 44Mag at about 7 feet. The bullets eviscerated his stomach, kidney, big chunk of liver, and general mayhem to below the rib cage. Took the docs about 12 hours to stabilize and sew him up. After he was shot he jumped from the second window of a house, and ran five blocks dragging chunks. The doctors were worried that he'd get up and run away (we'd had that happen more than once during surgery).

My take away after seeing an officer die from 22lr's is that bad ass attitude is a true survival trait.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Slap and Gute:

We had our problem a year or two later so that you had your malfuction in 1999 would stand to reason.

Everybody in our organization initially attributed it to limp wristing also. I had a heck of a struggle getting them to see that proficient shooters all over the state were having the same problem regularly so it wasn't limp wristing.

The funny thing about limp wristing is the only pistol that I ever fired that would malfuction if you limp wristed it was that lousy Berrata.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Slaphappy have you seen the Judge showing up yet? That little piece of nastiness is on my short list for future purchases.
    My dad has one - it's a freakin hand cannon!
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 02-12-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: fix quote