Hey everyone,

My husband suggested using the forum to help in writing my masters paper. I am writing on how the Army staffs; in particular their lack of utilizing the technology we have to place the best qualified candidate into the right position. We seem to waste a lot of time training Soldiers for specialized positions. In the mean time there could very well be a Soldier that has the skills needed, yet he/she can't be easily located. This is just one of many staffing issues that has caught my attention. Does this have anything to do with our Army being a wartime Army? Is staffing the right person a priority to "Big Army"? Of course the question that always must be asked how will it cost us?

Being married to a Soldier is the closest I am to the Army. He and I talk often about his work so I know his opinions and we also talk about the subjects discussed on this forum and others. I would love to hear opinions as well as any suggestions for journal articles or any other sources that may shed some light on the above stated questions. I appreciate your time and any suggestions. I will follow this post through my husband's username. Thank you again.

VR,
Allie