Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
Fancy seeing you here. You guys give too much credit to "Relatives and Wives Wing". Sure they'll try but as always will end up spending taxpayer's money on nothing.
I don't know with whom I have the pleasure of discussing this topic here, but I do look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by omarali50 View Post
I am not "worried" about R and W in the sense of "worried what they may do to Pakistan". I was expressing the hope that R and W will not get India involved more deeply that is cost-efficient.
About Pakistan, unfortunately GHQ is not asking for advice from liberals or lefties or mildly cynical democrats. They are boxing above their weight category and ordinary Pakistanis are paying most of the price. Sadly, that may continue for a while. I agree that Relatives and Wives will probably do little damage and Afghans and Russians and CIA and ISI's own rebellious children (above all) will do more................
With the situation being as volatile as it is, and being worsened by the amateurs "boxing above their weight" in the GHQ, it will not take much investment in resources from the R&AW (or for anyone else, for that matter) to achieve at least a set of goals that will keep the khakis wrapped up within their own borders for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
True, but you know as well as I do that is not going to happen. As VCheng said, this opportunity is too enticing to pass up for RAW but our present government is the most timid one we ever had. Overseas adventure is not their cup of tea. Recent Maldivian crisis is a perfect example. And when a nation with a strong military is led by an economist some things are bound to go wrong. .................
It is not a matter of being enticing: it simply makes good policy at this point in time to further entangle the domestic situation to the point that exporting jihadi operations becomes increasingly problematic for Pakistan.

Couple that with a failing economy, chronically hopeless governance, and a clueless leadership, and India may yet have to deal with a slowly imploding nuclear armed neighbor, regardless of whether USA remains in the picture or not.