S.Sgt X's lawyer stateside is John Henry Browne (Wiki), who has been talking to the press:

Seattle Times: Lawyer: Accused soldier was reluctant to deploy to Afghanistan (15 Mar 2012, Mike Carter and Hal Bernton)

NYT: Accused G.I. ‘Snapped’ Under Strain, Official Says (15 Mar 2012, ERIC SCHMITT and WILLIAM YARDLEY).

This sentence from him is definitely a classic:

"The government is going to want to blame this on an individual rather than blame it on the war," he said.
Well, duh, Mr Lawyer. That's the way it works when the government prosecutes someone.

Lawfirm Overview and Personal Bio.

Over 250 criminal cases to verdict is serious experience.

To give you an idea of the floor for experience (and other important things), the National Board of Trial Advocacy (a Division of the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification) was the first American Bar Association accredited attorney board certifying agency in the world. Founded in 1977, NBTA offers board certification for Trial Lawyers, Criminal Lawyers, Family Lawyers, Social Security Disability Lawyers.

The certification requirements for the four catagories are at the hyperlinks above.

You all out there who are looking for a lawyer might keep in mind that fewer than 4% of all practicing lawyers are certified by an ABA accredited or state sponsored certification board - and fewer still by NBTA. It's no guarantee, but it's a screen. NBTA Lawyer Finder.

I was certified as a Trial Lawyer - for whatever that's worth. You get a little pin, which I never wore but still have.

Regards

Mike