Thread: Metric Assessments in the Advisor World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The metric you will most need to be familiar with is the CUAT process, kind of a USR for the ANA. However, it does not measure performance and under-rates many tactical units because logistical shortfalls are often out of their control (Kabul issues), but are able to execute missions well.

For example, 1/205 ANA recently executed Mi-17 flown Air Assaults, planned, coordinated, and rehearsed by them. They did it very well. They are able to do Brigade level planning. However, like all ANA, equipment, maintenance, and supply shortfalls hold them back. But they are able to take it to the Taliban effectively.

The subjective assessment you will make as an adviser, backed up by your battlespace owning unit, will be the real metric your embedded unit will be based upon.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Council Member

Default Subjective most valuable

As I understand it you are tracking the usr I mean cuat and all that implies. One key implication is when it's on the timeline to raise readiness you will Iaw higher. So developing your own metrics will be important to you to include subjectively. Most of the data that would be indicative is hard to come by and harder to validate. Best of luck savor each success

Council Member

Fellas,

Thanks for the feedback. After burning some significant brain cells I think we've come up with a quasi system in place to assess how the ANA is doing/improving.

Once we come up with something I'll be sure to post here for feedback.

Thanks again,

Pete