Thread: If you've ever been to the ghan, read this.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by ganulv View Post
    FWIW I am friends with a young man from Kabul who has said similar to me about the ANA and ANP. He told me it was not uncommon for members of the ANP to stomp around market stalls and demand, I mean request, food from the vendors.

Which probably means that the U.S. Government contracted with someone who pocketed most of the money and used what was left to subcontract for the boots, right?
    Precisely…. Or Hesco barriers that are provided to the AUP and ANA for fortification of their Check points and COPs, which oddly end up in the Bazaar the following day.

Something this article overlooks is how often we give the ANA or ANP new equipment, only to see them turn around and sell it, usually to the Taliban. Anyone who spent a significant amount of time with them over there will tell you we had to resist the urge to give them new gear every time they begged for it because of this very reason. I have a hard time recalling all the occasions we were told they were being overrun in some village and needed new supplies, only to fly a Predator over the village and see nothing. It was a scam. This article smacks of the same thing. Bitch and whine about not being equipped properly to get more gear to sell off. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Col Jones, why aren't you working on the National Security Advisory team by now?