On 21 December 1972, Altena Farm in the Centenary District in North East Rhodesia had been attacked. The RLI and elements of other units were deployed. The next night Whistlefield Farm was attacked and elements of Support Group (as it was known then) deployed. The next morning while moving troops to start a follow-up they detonated the RLI's first landmine. Then Lt Ian (Buttons) Buttenshaw takes up the story:

I was sitting on the bonnet of the International (one and a half-tonner) truck and stopped them turning along the track, quickly telling them we had found the tracks and were about to follow up. As we turned the corner the rear wheel detonated a landmine. I was thrown clear, as were Corporal (Cpl) ‘Bog Rat’ Moore and Trooper (Tpr) Pete Botha who, both being in the back, absorbed the whole blast. The driver, Cpl Gordon Holloway and the other passenger Tpr Rod Boden, were in severe shock. I was not feeling too good myself. We organized a casevac but Cpl Moore died two days later and Tpr Botha eventually lost both legs.
Two views if the vehicle: