Thread: India-US relations: cooling and warming up (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Bet this looks good domestically given the political situation and election season

India has taken a muscular stand in summoning US Ambassador Nancy Powell, stripping US diplomats of identification cards that give them diplomatic benefits, and removing security barriers outside the US embassy in New Delhi.
    Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/world/devya...ce=ref_article

Because removing security barriers and creating an unsafe situation for people that have nothing to do with the original case, thereby punishing the wrong party, is a good way to handle things. I am sure other nations are looking at this and thinking, "what an impressive muscular show."

The average Indian is probably, "so, when are you going to be this zealous about bad police treatment at home in India?"

None of which excuses any alleged bad behavior by the Americans.

Are there any adults left out there, any decent public officials on any side? Of course there are but what a depressing spectacle of incompetence by multiple parties.
    Last edited by Madhu; 12-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    “I am practicing being kind instead of right” - Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook

"Throughout the world sounds one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me the chance to do my very best." - Babette's Feast