Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is CQB?

Since it was mentioned; let me point out that fighting in houses does not always equal "urban" operations, combat or anything else "urban".

urban
      Example Sentences Origin
    ur·ban
       [ur-buhn]
    adjective
    of, pertaining to, or designating a city or town.
    living in a city.
    characteristic of or accustomed to cities; citified: He is an urban type.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/urban?s=t

rural
      Example Sentences Origin
    ru·ral
       [roor-uhl]
    adjective
    of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the country, country life, or country people; rustic: rural tranquillity.
    living in the country: the rural population.
    of or pertaining to agriculture: rural economy.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rural

A couple houses close to each other is not an urban environment, it's usually a rural one. Hence no "urban" operation, and hence all MOUT training centres should be known as rural village training centres.

I wrote this because I am convinced that there are numerous important tactical differences between combat in/at a village and combat in a town or city.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    Since it was mentioned; let me point out that fighting in houses does not always equal "urban" operations, combat or anything else "urban".

A couple houses close to each other is not an urban environment, it's usually a rural one. Hence no "urban" operation, and hence all MOUT training centres should be known as rural village training centres.

I wrote this because I am convinced that there are numerous important tactical differences between combat in/at a village and combat in a town or city.
    Well yes... but CQB is not defined by terrain but rather by the word "close" meaning on the other side of a six inch brick wall or on the other side of a bush both by day or night. CQB is not a purely urban phenomenon.