Hi Selil,

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
It seemed like if the University systems could do this and push learning and lessons type information the military had to be able to do it. I did a project two summers ago for DOD building curricula, but I don't know if that went anywhere.
I think it's more than technically possibily, it's also economically possible. It's when we get to the level of politics that it may meet the problem (more later).

I was thinking that a round table of SWC types could discuss current issues for an hour over skype and that would be invaluable (and accessible) by anybody or a subscriber base via something like iTunes.
Probably feasible, although there may be some difficulties for anyone currently serving. Were you thinking about a "This Week in COIN" type of discussion for the content, or a more "traditional" model?

I can definitely see some of the control issues. Also, I could see some possibility of political fall out for people involved.
I suspect that the political issues are exactly the two you listed: institutional / professional control over knowledge and political backlash. To that, I would also add a security issue. After all, some of the stuff we would be talking about is probably of great interest to people who shouldn't have access to it <wry grin>.

Marc