Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Earth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Because BFT doesn't always have clear 1M CIB.
    Ok. I didn't mean to give the impression of BFT/FBCB2 SIGACTS being the "sole source" in the pattern analysis, but rather that BFT/FBCB2 SIGACTS data be included as part of an "all source" collated pattern analysis effort.

Just an idea.

Wink Historical perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    Ok. I didn't mean to give the impression of BFT/FBCB2 SIGACTS being the "sole source" in the pattern analysis, but rather that BFT/FBCB2 SIGACTS data be included as part of an "all source" collated pattern analysis effort.

Just an idea.
    As a tool Google Earth provides varying possibilities which have been used , I think however that the eventual movement will be more towards integration and development of tie-in apps for World Wind being that it can be used standalone or online ad is open source.

It would allow many of the possibilities sought here.

just my 1 1/2 ...

Default Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post

Just an idea.
    FBCB2 icons are notoriously inaccurate and subjective in my uses due to the delay inherent in the system. FBCB2 is mostly useful for blue force tracking at present - still a ways to go on enemy sit. Then again, I was never in a "digitized" unit and received the equipment with minimal training.

We were fielding CPOF (Command Post of the Future - which is now) near the end of my last tour (again without training). The guys who replaced us did know how to use it, and it can integrate BFT data with a common situational picture down to BN level. It required a fair amount of bandwidth though, and I'm not sure how well it will work outside of a fixed site.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    FBCB2 icons are notoriously inaccurate and subjective in my uses due to the delay inherent in the system. FBCB2 is mostly useful for blue force tracking at present - still a ways to go on enemy sit. Then again, I was never in a "digitized" unit and received the equipment with minimal training.

We were fielding CPOF (Command Post of the Future - which is now) near the end of my last tour (again without training). The guys who replaced us did know how to use it, and it can integrate BFT data with a common situational picture down to BN level. It required a fair amount of bandwidth though, and I'm not sure how well it will work outside of a fixed site.
    Just FYI and as an aside to the crux of this discussion.

With respect to BFT/FBCB2 and the SIGACTS the icons, prarticularly those for CBNRE, once propagated through the system they are persistent and very near real-time as the system updates every 120 seconds or so. I have seen this demonstrated repeatedly in recent months.

In an all source analytical function this aspect is irrelevant I think.