Thread: Is Cyber a new warfare? Debate (catch all)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Is Cyber a new warfare? Debate (catch all)

marct, you are correct. This was DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack. If I remember correctly couple months ago there was info that US military established some kind of cyberroom protection command. I hope that NATO transformation command will keep eye on this issue. I thought yesterday morning that it's just internet that is not working, my gsm is ok. Then I remebered that 1 or 2 years ago there was mobile phone virus attack during Helsinki sports competition. 1 criminal just launched signal that spred like virus among people that had internet connection in their phones. This is the way we are going now. You don't have to bomb your enemy's infrastructure to influence his will. Maybe I'm underestimateing people and in the end we all like to live like Tyler dremt in "Fight Club", we all need just pair of leather pants to walk in this life

PS. Estonian ambassador left Moscow. This was just postive move by Estonia to help Russian elite to save their face after EU and NATO told them back off. You just can't tell kids, "Hey, this is enough. Go home!" Instead they said "Good job. You accomplished your mission!" Interesting is also this that Russian Duma delegation that visited Estonia were satisfied wiht things they saw in Estonia (statue was ok, police acted according to law etc). They couldn't say this after arriving to Moscow on Tuesday. Thay said this only after Kremlin told youth movements "Go home." on Thursday afternoon.

Here is BBC story about Nashi with Surkov's comment.
    "But of course we contact and support those who support us."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6624549.stm
    Last edited by kaur; 05-05-2007 at 12:38 PM.