Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
Hi Kaur,

Excellent article, thanks for the link.

Based on what has been posted in this thread so far, I wold hazard a guess that this started as an opportunistic attack with the political-symbolic environment being manipulated by the Russians. The Russian State gets plausible deniability and, at the same time, the types of attacks they want - i.e. "non-warfare".

There are some things I want to think through on how this operates but, my current thinking is that this is a form of symbolic warfare that will bite the Russians later one.

Marc
Hi Marc !
I'll let Kaur answer from his own perspective, but what the Estonian Govt. and LE are saying, this was well planned, executed and financed.

Dmitri is not talking, but based on his 'student' status and relative lack of money, he was living extremely well.

Experts from Nato member states and from the alliance's NCSA unit - "Nato's first line of defence against cyber-terrorism", set up five years ago - were meeting in Seattle in the US when the crisis erupted. A couple of them were rushed to Tallinn.

Another Nato official familiar with the experts' work said it was easy for them, with other organisations and internet providers, to track, trace, and identify the attackers.
That said, NATO may be a touch concerned. Me Thinks !