But I enjoy the sarcasm and otherwise hate being behind a computer

I for one have troubles with the mere use of "cyber" other than in a good film with Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wilf's comments seem to be some of the best examples in simple, easy to use terms (for a guy like me that must perform without the benefit of comms other than our wireless robot and X-ray).

IMO cyber warfare much like EW contributes to the success of IO. Cyber warefare possesses both offensive and defensive tactics, and when employed correctly can not only disrupt, but also exploit your enemy.

DDoS is far too simplistic a term for what most continue to assume occurred in Estonia. Georgia's use of/reliance on computers (that is if you happen to own a computer and live within 5 kilometers from the city center where one might connect) is not even remotely similar. In any case, the so-called non-state actors were not waging war, they were employing cyber in support of their ongoing operations.

It's all relative and darn simple for a minion like me. To employ such cyber operations in say Africa would be a true waste of time (similar to shutting off the electricity in a country that barely has 4 hours of electricity per day). Shut the power off in say West Bend for 8 hours (intentionally) and you'll have a full scale riot on your hands (assuming you don't have a 5KW in your back yard).