Somebody had mentioned online gaming. I need some thoughts on the value of having a bad guy placed as video game merchant. I'm rather poor when it comes to access to an analysis cell - most of the guys I do have access have no LE background and just are not thinking in these directions. You can hit me with a PM or send it to my AKO. Here is a line of thought I'm developing:

-If he’s like the tech geeks we usually see in this industry in other places, then he’s probably both tech savvy and well connected on the internet (generally geeks know other geeks).

-Pirate copies of video games are sold on both MAREZ and DIAMONDBACK at the local national stores – could be trading video games at a discount for information about locals working on FOBs then selling that info to AIF who will kill them or their families unless they quit

-As much as I like cheap videos, some of the proceeds support an illegal trade and thus support crime and terrorism.

-Since you can pay for a Satellite ISP, its likely a guy could based off the money he makes. Its also possible the shop and stock could be opened up with AIF seed money

-Anybody who has done online gaming knows you can communicate with other online gamers – terrorist networks know this and are using online gaming as both a way to communicate covertly (you have to be invited to play in certain communities), and as a good way to train.

- The influencing other young men, probably recruiting by paying younger Iraqis off with the video game hardware or software – could even be starting them on easy jobs, much like gang bangers in the US do with kids as lookouts.

Thanks, Rob