The Brady Campaign is alive and well in 2013 at its website, Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. You can even donate to its cause - thereby, offsetting my life membership and donations to the NRA.

The term "lobbyist" is really an anachronism for organizations such as the Brady Center and the NRA. As you should know, the approval ratings for Congress (which represents the two political parties) have been roughly 5-15%. Of course, individuals do much better - President Obama hit 54% today. Generic Congressional Ballot: Democrats 45%, Republicans 37%.

On What America Thinks this weekend, former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint says, “Both parties have failed the country.” DeMint, who recently resigned from the Senate to serve as president of the Heritage Foundation, expressed strong view about his own party’s leadership. “"Republicans [in Washington] don't stand true to their beliefs, or at least what they talk about. I found that when I ran on reforms that ... party leaders were not nearly as interested in the reforms as they were in getting earmarks for everybody and redistricting to hold power and raising money. So I think the public has every reason to be disenchanted.”
Rasmussen runs a good polling service, What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls.

Given the default of the two political parties, we have what could be called "special interest groups", or perhaps better, "mini-political parties" (there are thousands of them - I belong to about a half-dozen). Technically, an arm of each group has to be legally registered as a "lobbyist" - if it "lobbies" government; other arms do not (lots of "5xx orgs").

I think you have a lot to learn about the U.S.A., its politics and people. These links are given as a good faith effort (a one timer). Your choice - no duty.

Regards

Mike