Thread: Side story on the recent gun spree

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Don't always agree with Lind but sometimes the guy really nails it.

http://www.marylandthursdaymeeting.c...al.Marxism.htm
    Oh, good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by motorfirebox View Post
    Oh, good grief.
    Slap, I don't believe motorfirebox is impressed.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene

Default John Wayne Would Have Been Better

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post

John Wayne on how to handle Political Correctness!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-a7K...ture=fvwp&NR=1

Default Normal Explains It All

This is even better just listen to how all the politically correct arguments just fall completely apart but brain washed female liberal just can't handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ptFVq22PY

Council Member

John Wayne on how to handle Political Correctness!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-a7K...ture=fvwp&NR=1
    Yes, well, John Wayne is dead and buried, and soon too will be the generations promulgating the hatred, ignorance, and xenophobia exemplified by your earlier-linked article.

Yes, well, John Wayne is dead and buried, and soon too will be the generations promulgating the hatred, ignorance, and xenophobia exemplified by your earlier-linked article.
    To be replaced by the new generations who have love for all, tolerance for everything and who know all about all because they were educated by our fine public schools...no, wait...most people who go to modern public schools don't know anything...ok, amend that.

To be replaced by new generations who have love for all, tolerance for everything and who are guided by people who know all about all because they went to Ivy League schools (to include Stanford and Berkeley) and so of course are just a better sort.

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    I don't think Kiwigrunt is either. What a mind numbing load of drivel that was.
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

Thumbs up A Marine Colonel On Gun Control And What It Means To Marines

Outstanding article by retired Marine Office Michael D. Wyly on Fourth Generation Warfare, Gun Control, the Constitution , and how it concerns all Marines......actually All Americans. This was the best copy I could get which unfortunately is attached to several blog comments which are NOT part of the article but the main article is still very distinct.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/825219/posts

Thumbs up It's Cause Were Americans And We Are Special!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    I am not surprised we are Americans and have an advanced form of Government that requires personal responsability to work properly and it isnot suitable for everyone as the next post by Colonel Wyly points out..... America and Americans are special!

Council Member

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with guns.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with guns.
    Did you read the article? It has everything to do with guns.

Council Member

In that it could be equally applied to any article in the Bill of Rights, I suppose it does have slightly more to do with guns than attempting to equate homosexuality with communism(!?). Of course, given that your most recent link directly refutes your previous link, I think I could be forgiven for not know what in tarnation you're on about.

I am not surprised we are Americans and have an advanced form of Government that requires personal responsability to work properly and it isnot suitable for everyone as the next post by Colonel Wyly points out..... America and Americans are special!
    Advanced form of government?

Since when is "dysfunctional" the same as "advanced"?

By the way "personal responsibility" is a code word for "left alone, but still facing bad luck and more powerful people".

The personal responsibility of negotiating a wage alone instead of doing this through a labour union merely serves the purpose of transferring almost all of the economic rent of the agreement to the almost always more powerful employer, for example.

There are organisational / institutional remedies to certain problems, and much of the "deregulation" / "personal responsibility" stuff only serves to reject such a remedy in favour of maintaining the problem (which usually serves someone's interests).

Those "personal responsibility" / "the government is the problem" folks are puppets serving others' interests and they're being fed fear and bogeymen in order to distract them from who incites and controls their outrage.

Same stuff with the outrage about even firearms control legislation. It serves the gun industry, which in turn finances the NRA with a similar amount of money as the NRA's lobbying budget. It also serves the firearms accessories industry which sprang up during the last generation (first with lights, later with lots of "tactical" clothes, upgrades). It serves the firearm instructor industry.
    It hardly serves the general population.

Adding a guard to every school is one of the dumbest ideas possible. What's next? For every kindergarten, public place, cafe, bus, train?
    There are economic studies about the costs of providing security in the U.S., some of them looking at it from a firearms-related angle, others from a crime-related angle and others from an inequality-related angle.
    Now if you add up the extra expenses for security including the jail network, the extra expenses for the military, the extra expenses for the inefficient health care system and the extra expenses for paying the bloated financial industry - what's left?
    Less GDP/capita than in France.

There's much broken in the U.S., and the people's readiness to get fooled and turn stupid on reasonable proposals and serious issues is an important reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    Ok, fair enough. But please, tell me you like John Wayne lest the Yank/Kiwi bond be rent asunder.