Thread: Lone Wolves in the USA (new title)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This PPT made me pause for thought

Last week I attended a closed academic and practitioner conference on Lone Actor Terrorism; officialdom dislikes the phrase Lone Wolves and amidst the presentations was an excellent one by Professor Mark Hamm, from Indiana State University 'Radicalization Model of Lone Wolf Terrorism: The Prevention of Six Cases'.

I have obtained his Powerpoint, with his consent to use it via here, alas it is 5.4Mb so cannot be uploaded, so if you are interested PM me with an email address.

Link to his university mini-bio:https://www.indstate.edu/cas/ccj/ccj...ff/hamm-mark-s

What I found very interesting were the figures on attacks and that there were several historical attacks, which I'd not heard of - notably a woman stabbing Martin Luther King and a New Yorker bomber who evaded detection for sixteen years whilst he planted thirty-three IEDs. Let alone a Nazi, James Cummings who assembled a "dirty bomb" to set off at Obama's inauguration.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-11-2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Thread reopened to add this. 36,284v
    davidbfpo