Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
That is a wonderful sentence. I am hereby informing you that I will use it frequently in the future, probably without attribution.
Feel free

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
There are rather a lot of problems with that article.
It has it's problems, but if you look past the political blather:

• there are some interesting numbers in there with respect to the US economy over time
  • there is the interesting point regarding China's forecasted GDP per capita
  • there are some interesting quantitative criticisms regarding shock therapy, privatization, etc which fall under his definition of neo-liberalism

I wish he had shown his work/footnotes...gotta do that to receive full credit.... ...then we could take a look under the hood, kick the tires, and check the control surfaces and see if his argument can actually fly...

By the way...some of your statements/opinions regarding taxation/spending levels would be bolstered by some links. This one from the Peterson Institute for International Economics might be of interest to you but perhaps you have some better ones?

http://www.petersoninstitute.org/pub...pb/pb12-15.pdf

In a very general way, given some of the places that I have served I personally feel that I receive good value for my tax money...I would pay more if asked...home is better than Baghdad any day of the week.