Thread: The Kurds are a changing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Kurds are a changing

With the recent reports on talks in Turkey with the PKK's imprisoned leader and the gains made by the small Kurdish minority in Syria the situation surrounding this minority group appears to be changing. Yes the fighting in south east Turkey continues between the PKK's military arm and the Turkish state.

There are several threads whose focus is the Kurds, which offer background reading. The main thread being 'Turkey mainly, Iraq and the Kurds (2006-2012)'. In particular I commend the posts by a UK academic William Park in 2012, Posts 136 & 141, plus Jedburgh's input. I have now closed this thread:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ead.php?t=3104

A smaller thread 'Counter-Terrorism: Turkey's Record' wrongly I admit contained a couple of my posts on the PKK talks with Turkey, these I have now moved to the closed, main thread. The two PKK talks posts are 145 & 146. This small thread remains open:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ead.php?t=9070

Not to overlook the dynamic situation in Iraqi Kurdistan, which JWing frequently covers in 'Iraq catch-all: after Operation Iraqi Freedom ended'.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    davidbfpo