Thread: Small Wars Council RSS Feed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

If you open the link in your browser, most browsers have an option to subscribe to the feed as a bookmark. You'll get a folder that lists the most recent posts. This is a pretty basic implementation.

Dedicated RSS readers are more powerful but I haven't much experience with them.

List of Mac Readers

Windows RSS Readers

Thanks for the links, mmx1.

Shek, good ideas, thanks. Working. Some info....

The "lastpost=true" switch in the link (look at the URL for the feed) makes it a list of new posts instead of new threads. If you edit that out of the URL, or set it to false, you'll get an RSS feed of latest threads. Similar to what is behind the feed to our main page.

Re thread RSS -- hadn't gone there. From my testing so far, there's a way to RSS for individual forums. That's different from another approach with a similar net, RSS for the whole board and filter for certain forums (which show as categories in the default RSS feed) - available in the feed as it stands here. Working the kinks out of that and plan to make the forum-specific option available in an a la carte menu. Do you think that would be as useful, maybe better than thread-specific? From the little I know about RSS, it seems that subscibing to individual threads would clobber you with too many feeds after a while.

FYI, the feeds refreshes every 10 min, so you won't see things instantaneously.

Yes, syndication of blog comments. Feature is there, need to implement it, has been on the To Do list for a while.