Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reber View Post
Marc, I do have a better solution, but nowadays you would be placed into a mental institution for doing so. In 74 our Nike Hurcules electronics instructor was so fed up that he wire our metal top desks to a very large and fully charged capacitor. You rarely went to disneyland, went to sleep or for that matter saw ghosts under Rob's bed
Love it! Actually, I've been lucky in the past few years - most of my Intro students could at least read (some could even write ), and all of my 3rd year theory students have been great.

Honestly, I had to pay for my follow-on education and took it seriously. I have no clue what young folks today consider significant. Even here, it's hard to find someone that can even write using a pencil and pad. The internet managed to teach these folks how to type, and spell checkers preclude the need for an expensive dictionary.
<wry grin>About 15 years ago, I was looking around to find a class in remedial penmanship since I couldn't read my own handwriting . What did I find? 20 classes in calligraphy, but nothing in basic penmanship. Discouraging!

On spell checkers, I would agree, but a number of my students don't know how to change the dictionary! Honestly, I've been thinking about making the Oxford English Dictionary, 1918 edition, the sole textbook in my classes for a while now.

I have no idea if there are vampires in Latvia, but the women like in Estonia are dead knockouts. We use 9.5 as the benchmark and that includes ladies over 40.
I think most of the vampires decided to head to New York in the '30's . Definately agree with you on the ladies, however!!!

Marc