Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Magical Realism and Information Operations

Hi Stan,

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reber View Post
    Marc, those are fine qualities in a person today
    I hate the status quo. Why do we insist on believing this Bravo Sierra Bible Study, when we know good and well it's BS ?

Put somebody on the ground (there) and get it right.
    LOLOL I keep telling my students that.. .

Oops, forgot the ending ! 15 years back will do just fine Sir !
    15 years back? Hmm, just finishing off my MA at that time; writing up my thesis, going through the first year of my marriage, getting yelled at for suggesting that Anthropologists should work with businesses and the military .

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Cool Try the Cherry Kool Aid. You'll Really Like It

Honestly, I've seen to much junk produced, and called "research", that I get a little heated about the topic.
    Now, Marc, drink the Kool-aid and calm down...

Research is often much like intelligence analysis based on cherry picking; it stands up until someone asks the magic question, which identifies the branches between those cherries.

Tom

Default 15 years ago

15 years back? Hmm, just finishing off my MA at that time; writing up my thesis, going through the first year of my marriage, getting yelled at for suggesting that Anthropologists should work with businesses and the military .
    You would have been perfect. (Ahem) Somewhat young and open minded. I had three marriages, and yes, got yelled at more times than I care to remember.

It would appear, that an Anthropologist indeed should work with the military.

I, for example in two short months have learned a lot (and free)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    Now, Marc, drink the Kool-aid and calm down...
    It's a good thing Canadian culture is based on both English and French. For example, I've noted that the Australians are producing a very palatable Merlot "Kool-aid",and it is lunch time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    Research is often much like intelligence analysis based on cherry picking; it stands up until someone asks the magic question, which identifies the branches between those cherries.
    You're definitely right, Tom, there are a lot of similarities. I actually got interested in Intel analysis as a way of improving my research - well, that and its historic ties into Anthropology.

You would have been perfect. (Ahem) Somewhat young and open minded. I had three marriages, and yes, got yelled at more times than I care to remember.
    I like to think that I am still open minded, although my wife (he same one as 15 years ago) keeps mumbling about"holes in the head" .

It would appear, that an Anthropologist indeed should work with the military. I, for example in two short months have learned a lot (and free)
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... She's still bugging me about that . Okay, maybe I should start thinking about exams .

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/