Thread: Iraq Surge: Call for Info.

Council Member

Default Iraq Surge: Call for Info.

Hi everyone. Im looking for sources in relation to the Iraq Surge. Is there anyone here who was present before, during or after it, in country? Particularly Al Anbar and the Awakening. I would appreciate any help I can get.
    Also any papers of sources that are available online any member feel free to post a link. Im not confined to just the Surge. OIF in general, but the emphasis is on COIN. Both Kinetic and Population centric.

Regards,
    Viper.

Default viperventoux explains his RFI

Readers,

viperventoux's RFI is part of his research for a Ph.D., partly explained in his previous posts and he is based in Ireland. Following his post I asked him to clarify his request and this is his reply:
    To further elaborate, I'm concerned with the idea of Population Centric COIN being touted as being the only answer to COIN and that Kinetic COIN has no place. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle and that there is a place for both, in varying degrees dependent on your enemy and the situation in the AO. Trying to make the last wars strategies fit the current conflict is not right. coin needs to be fluid and updated constantly.
    davidbfpo