A lot of this is being done by defector organizations. The amount of Korean news and Korean television dramas (on DVDs, thumb drives, and the Chinese video players) which are loved by the Korean people living in the north is growing significantly (I use those word very deliberately - I no longer use 'north Koreans' except in relation to the Kim Family Regime and the elite - the rank and file population should be referred to as Koreans who live in the north under the most oppressive regime in the 20th and 21st centuries). the north has shown how afraid it is of information coming from the South in August and most recently as the ROKs restarted their propaganda broadcast which are really only symbolic. The real information effort is being done electronically. Follow the Daily NK news site as the Korean defectors from the north

I have been talking to my Korean counterparts about a program to work with the Korean entertainment industry to produce Korean dramas that are based on unification. My recommendation is that they design dramas that take people through conflict and regime collapse and then show how ROK policies if implemented and followed by the Korean people living in the north will result in President's Park's Bonanza for Unification (the Dresden Initiative) They can show various scenarios such as how HA operations will be conducted, how people will transition to land ownership, how the integrated political system will function - e.g., local governance by free elections, what happens to second tier leaders when they do not attack the South and cooperate with the ROK military, how they can benefit from providing information about WMD and ensuring it is not proliferated off the peninsula (and what happens to those who do try) and much more. This could really help to prepare the population psychologically. I would of course also like to show them how resistance can work and what the Korean people living in the north could do to resist the regime.

There is so much we can do if we put our minds to it.