Dayuhan:

1. North Korea can't be left to make it's foreign exchange by sales of atomic bomb technology and missles to dangerous third world nations in this time of our war on terrorism.

2. Change change as you refer to it even in mainland China has not come even in it's Communist form of government, with problems today in Tibete and other far side of China areas which are majority Muslim Chinese population.

3. The raw ideas I have pushed including with this follow up note three times now can begin with:
a) China offering to finance and help N. Korea set up it's free trade zone on the Chinese border, in which items to be manufacturered (future tense) would come out of plants China would finance for N. Korea to build and opeate, "start up bridge money" to jump start an entprenaural zone between N. Korea, China, and other nations from that same free zone.
b) South Korea could offer the same thing, to bridge loan N. Korea the funds to set up a free trade zone, same model.
c) Japan could off ther same thin, to bridge loan N. Korea the funds to set up a free trade zone model.

Or, China, South Korea, and Japan, even perhaps the US, might form a loan consortium whose loan terms and conditions would create the "will and the plan" that would get "whoever the top decision makers are" now or in the near term future with personality changes allegedly around the corner if the top leader of N. Korea is terminally ill as some alledge, but if not terminally ill, there is no reason why such a consortium package should not be appealing to him and his top miliary folks, who, after all, would become as are the top Chinese government and military officials, fairly soon "economic haves" while still running as Communist government, as China still does.

Change is driven economically, not in a raw military or dictatorial sense.

They key out in the open in what I am suggesting here is to have clean cut, straight forward, no hidden agendas, a business plan the consortium lenders would require of any nation, anywhere, as has been the case currently, for instance, in Vietnam.

Let's talk about this...I have noticed some writing here recently who probably know more ecnomics and finance than I do...so I happily yield the floor for them to take this further, refine it as they see fit, whatever.

Thanks for your acknowledgement of my rough idea which I hope is better spelled out now. You might also look at today's Libya since they renounced nuclear weapons and what and how their business model is and how it came about...while we hear little about Libya it is a model of a different nature in and of itself now.