Thread: Any problems w/ SWJ Blog TypeKey registration?

Default Any problems w/ SWJ Blog TypeKey registration?

Is the sign-up process reasonable, or are you having problems?

We are trying to strike a balance between reams of spam, and an easy experience for a serious commenter.

Please be lavish with your praise, and specific with your complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by SWCAdmin View Post
    Is the sign-up process reasonable, or are you having problems?

We are trying to strike a balance between reams of spam, and an easy experience for a serious commenter.

Please be lavish with your praise, and specific with your complaints.
    I had no issues whatsoever in the process. The nice part was that I haven't gotten an influx of crap in my inbox.

Default No problems

I had no problems, either.

Default Better than most

I administer a NATO-class VSAT and server.
    I wish somebody would consider the way you folks do things...it would be far easier and less complicated.

Good job !

I did, but they were my problems and through some emails their help desk got it all fixed just fine.

Default TypeKey and SWC logins are separate

Still getting some folks trying to use SWC login over at SWJ Blog. Regret they are different. More info here.

Council Member

Default Tmi

You are doing a great job, but it is getting harder for me to find threads that I previously looked at. How about adding a search function. I bet Google would be willing to give you one that would work in the discussion groups and the News section. I think it would be very useful.

Default ...and ye shall receive.

You are doing a great job, but it is getting harder for me to find threads that I previously looked at. How about adding a search function. I bet Google would be willing to give you one that would work in the discussion groups and the News section. I think it would be very useful.
    Search and more info here.

P.S. prior post best answer for discussion board / Small Wars Council.

Search for the rest of the site is underway. Search works now for the Blog. It is painfully lacking in the ref library. We are in transition between our old site-specific Google search and our new search features, which aren't up yet.

I'll see if I can get an interim solution back up on the SWJ side. For the SWC side, use its built in search. Or go straight to Google.

Merv, thanks for the nudge, site search through Google is back up on throughout SWJ (but not in SWC, yet). It isn't pretty, but it is there on the left sidebar and it works.

Default Any recent problems with .mil domains?

Army in particular, have had a few users recently report registration problems that to me look like some of the TypeKey stuff is getting intercepted -- password reminders and sign-up authentication links not making it to the .mil address.

Is anyone having the same experience?

Has anyone signed up for TypeKey recently (last two weeks) via a us.army.mil account and had it work smoothly? Note - TypeKey is the blog comment authentication thing, not here at Small Wars Council

Does anyone know if within the Army system there's a Junk E-mail folder that the user can access, or a way to authorize a domain (e.g. add to your approved senders list) so it doesn't get intercepted? Best if you have Luddite-worthy instructions.

As evil as NMCI is, it doesn't seem to be screwing this up (yet). And the dixie cups and string over at State are taking it all in stride.

------
    This may be chasing the bull, or maybe and I hope is optimization for a few fringe problems. For most folks, it seems the TypeKey system is easy, and we like it because it has all but eliminated spam and allows us to pass your comments directly through without having to moderate them.

FYI, since it doesn't send you e-mails other than your original authentication, if you're having problems with your .mil registration recommend you use another e-mail. Once you're in, it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by SWCAdmin; 05-30-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: clarification TypeKey vs. SWC

Not sure what type of voodoo magic you use but this is one of the very few sights that I can log onto with my Blackberry.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad