Thread: Anthropology (catch all)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Ptomaine Chickens and Fecal Grubs

Tom and I gave them rice and chicken which, probably is banned by the Geneva Convention
    Those EU donated chickens that we ended up buying on the black market after who knows how many thaws and refreezes probably would be a violation

But as you recall, no one complained and besides even at their worst, those chickens smelled better that those feces fed grubs our drivers used to munch on for lunch...

Tom

Default UN Chickens ?

Hey Tom !
    Now don't get Marc going. He recently promised me a Canadian student (for the US Army). Frozen, et al.

As I recall from my 5th group days after the '3-day map reading course' at Bragg, we at least had a choice between a chicken or a rabbit. They were to some extent still alive. Who cares ?

But as you recall, no one complained and besides even at their worst, those chickens smelled better that those feces fed grubs our drivers used to munch on for lunch...
    You know, those grubs were still alive, and served on toast every A.M.

The EU chickens...however...Well, another story. Hmmm, got me thinking why they were always missing the left leg

I was always partial to the fries in front of the embassy freshly wrapped in unclas message traffic from the previous day

PS. Your pics left this morning.

Regards, Stan

Default SOS Congo Style

You know, those grubs were still alive, and served on toast every A.M.
    I am happy to say that in all my years as a FAO I never felt compelled to sample the grubs on toast--gives new meaning to the old GI term "SOS" for breakfast..

For those who are not familiar with this particular delicacy, the Congolese used to grow these grubs in "honey pots". They would toss 'em on a hot griddle just enough to wake 'em up and serve on toast still wiggling, The post-prandial aroma of our drivers after their lunch was eye-watering.

The EU chickens...however...Well, another story. Hmmm, got me thinking why they were always missing the left leg
    They were truly sad specimens of EU poultry science...

I was always partial to the fries in front of the embassy freshly wrapped in unclas message traffic from the previous day
    That was part of the Comm center's "think green" program I am sure

Thanks for shipping the photos!

Best

Tom

Default this particular delicacy

Tom,
    Com' on already !

am happy to say that in all my years as a FAO I never felt compelled to sample the grubs on toast--gives new meaning to the old GI term "SOS" for breakfast..

For those who are not familiar with this particular delicacy, the Congolese used to grow these grubs in "honey pots". They would toss 'em on a hot griddle just enough to wake 'em up and serve on toast still wiggling, The post-prandial aroma of our drivers after their lunch was eye-watering.
    I saw you looking at those Who could resist ? I suddenly have a craving for French C-rats