Thread: DEA FAST Operator Loadout????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

They are in a way an unintentional parody and off-spring of the Gucci/COTS gear subculture that formed among Western soldiers during the 90's (when adding privately bought extras to the equipment became really fashionable).

Last year I embedded a really hilarious parody made by airsofters in my blog.

I think airsoft is originally a Japanese thing - seems to be pretty big over there.

“[S]omething in his tone now reminded her of his explanations of asymmetric warfare, a topic in which he had a keen and abiding interest. She remembered him telling her how terrorism was almost exclusively about branding, but only slightly less so about the psychology of lotteries…” - Zero History, William Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    I think airsoft is originally a Japanese thing - seems to be pretty big over there.

The guns certainly originated there. They also used to make some really amazing 1:1 scale models of firearms...
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War