Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
Here is a video by a guy that says this is the DEA FAST Operator loadout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf81_nAXCgQ

Is this true???
Probably. Many in DEA refer to the FAST guys as Fake Ass Seal Team. All I know is the guy in the video is a dork and air soft is uber dorkish.

After 9/11 DEA decided it wanted fire up it's SnoCap program again so I traveled from my posting in Islamabad to Afghanistan to meet with BG Mattis and discuss the possibility of anti narcotics missions. Mattis and the MEU were on the way out so he told me to talk to the 101st. So I did, but the 101 wasn't interested. The 101 told me to talk to Task Force K-Bar and they were completely onboard. I returned to Islamabad, wrote it up with suggestions and recommendations and sent it to HQs where it went poof. A couple of years later DEA HQs pulled FAST out of its orifice. The first teams worked with the Brits quite a bit because the USA wasn't interested and we were busy with Iraq. It made sense for the Brits because most of the heroin from that part of the world goes to Europe. At some point the FAST guys started working with the Seals and modeling themselves after the Seals, hence, Fake Ass Seal Team. I find the nickname funny, but I don't have an axe to grind with the FAST guys - they are just doing something they enjoy. I thought about it, but you have to PCS to Quantico and I hate that frickin place.