Thread: New book: War of a Kind: Reflections on Counterinsurgency and Those who do it

Default New book: War of a Kind: Reflections on Counterinsurgency and Those who do it

War of a Kind: Reflections on Counterinsurgency and those who do it by David Donovan has just been released as an ebook. Donovan is the author of the well-received Once a Warrior King, a book on his experiences in Vietnam in a counterinsurgency program. War of a Kind builds on that past bringing forward experiences and opinion from outside the normal channels. The ebook is available at the Nook (Amazon) and Kindle (Barnes & Noble) stores online and should be up on the iBook site shortly. A blurb follows:

"In the last decade the United States has been involved in major counterinsurgency efforts in both Iraq and Afghanistan. They have not gone well. WAR OF A KIND addresses key issues in counterinsurgency, but it does so without being a technical manual. Rather, it is a commentary based on personal counterinsurgency experiences from Vietnam with many years of thought applied afterward. Real-life vignettes from the author and others illustrate many of the issues discussed. WAR OF A KIND will be of interest to those who work in counterinsurgency and to the general reader who wants to understand a style of war that affects American foreign policy and defense planning."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DDonovan; 07-27-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add websites where book can be found

Potentially stupid question here.......is this book going to be available in paperback, or regular book format? Is it now? I see it is an e-book but I do not have the capability (yet) for such books.

Default War of a Kind availability

At the moment WOK is available in ebook format only. Working on finding a print publisher.

Looking forward to the book...."Once a Warrior-King" was a great read. I ran into a former Army advisor....1970-71 RF/PF outside of Saigon.....told him about your book. I think he'll enjoy it as well.