Thread: Lost Lessons & Fresh Thinking: a challenge for SWC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moderator's Note

The catalyst for this thread's creation comes from the discussion in the re-opened thread 'Recruiting for SWC members because....':http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ead.php?t=3837

A number of relevant posts have been edited and copied over.

Perhaps this challenge has appeared before in discussions and maybe even a thread, for as one recent poster noted:
    Groundhog Day. I felt like I was making the same arguments over and over.
    (Ends)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    It does seem we're often kicking a dead horse. I also agree with whoever wrote that the quality of the articles overall are going down, and if peer review was mandated SWJ would return to it original quality level articles.
    I, too, hope I'm not looked upon as one of "those people" that is less than qualified to add to the discussion on here.

As to the topics being discussed, while some have been discussed at length, some have barely been addressed.

For example I just ran across an article about a proposal to create a new agency....US Office of Contingency Operations. Apparently, Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas has put forth HR 2606 that advocates the creation of an agency that is designed to focus on stabilization & reconstruction operations instead of relying on ad-hoc relationships seen during the last 10+ years. I advocated something similar (Bureau of Strategic Assistance) in an earlier article. I think this proposal is a pretty good idea. Any takers on this new topic of discussion?
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 08-03-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Add Mods Note to explain copied over with 16 others