Thread: ‘The Sports Gene’

Default ‘The Sports Gene’

My high school cross-country coach once told me that the most underappreciated athletic skill was the ability to finesse your way through injury. That really changed my notion of what exactly ‘skill’ is.

The 05 August 2013 episode of Fresh Air suggests several more non-traditional definitions, as well. One of the most interesting is “the ability to respond to training.” Anyway, I thought the piece would be of interest to some members of the forum.
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)

Default AMA about this interview Monday

Hi ganulv--just came across your post and wanted to let you know: I was the interviewee for that interview, and I'm doing an AMA on reddit on Monday at 7pm ET. I'll be talking about my book The Sports Gene and answering questions about the genetics of athleticism. All are welcome to join!

Default Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the heads-up, David! I’m going to try and be “there.”
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)