Thread: First SWC Book Club Marching Orders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I want get to read the book for awhile but I am looking forward to it's discussion. This should be a most interesting thread.

Default Swj not smj

It's SWJ not SMJ. This is a quite common mistake, why I don't know. I've seen it hundreds of times.

Council Member

I am in if I can find the book in my library

SWJED- I realized the mistake when I looked at the post the following morning. Mea culpa! The dangers of posting on the web late at night!

Omarali, you may have a difficult time finding these books at your local library. However, if they participate in the Interlibrary loan program they should be able to find them.

Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

It would be nice to have some similar discussions revolving around material available online, which are more manageable for those of us in the outer corners.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”

H.L. Mencken

Dayuhan, I do realize some of these books will be difficult or even impossible to get ahold of for some of the members here. However, researching and vetting enough sources to replace what one book covers is time I just don't have, unfortunately. If there are any hidden millionaires lurking who want to fund such an project, I'll gladly take their money!

With that said, I will definitely include academic articles and reference materials that are free and online in the future.

Council Member

Default Seek and ye shall find ...

Da book (da pdf link).

Regards

Mike

Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by graphei View Post
    Dayuhan, I do realize some of these books will be difficult or even impossible to get ahold of for some of the members here. However, researching and vetting enough sources to replace what one book covers is time I just don't have, unfortunately. If there are any hidden millionaires lurking who want to fund such an project, I'll gladly take their money!

With that said, I will definitely include academic articles and reference materials that are free and online in the future.
    Not saying online articles would be a substitute for books, only that they could make appropriate subjects for discussion. They might in some circumstances be easier to manage than books, as the discussion would be more focused and more people would have the time to read and digest.

However, since Mike has deprived me of my excuse... I'll see what I can do
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”

H.L. Mencken