Thread: Why We Don't Like Creativity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If you are gonna have a cat...

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    Do you ever step on that brown cat ?

Though, I have to admit, the cat is totally in step (in a mirror image way); and should be safe. What's his name - Vortegern ?

Regards

Mike
    The cat's name is Azrael,

Azrael is often identified with the Archangel of Death in some traditions and folklore but not in any religious texts. The name is sometimes attributed to the angel of retribution in Islamic theology and Sikhism but the name Azrael is not actually used in the Qur'an nor considered as a religious personification. The name Azrael is an English form of the Arabic name ʿIzrāʾīl (عزرائيل) or Azra'eil (عزرایل), the name traditionally attributed to the angel of death in some sects of Islam and Sikhism, as well as some Hebrew lore
    My Avatar alter ego is named Gilgamesh:

Gilgamesh (/ˈɡɪl.ɡə.mɛʃ/; Akkadian cuneiform: ������ [������], Gilgameš, often given the epithet of the King, also known as Bilgamesh in the Sumerian texts)[1] was the fifth king of Uruk, modern day Iraq (Early Dynastic II, first dynasty of Uruk), placing his reign ca. 2500 BC. According to the Sumerian King List he reigned for 126 years. In the Tummal Inscription,[2] Gilgamesh, and his son Urlugal, rebuilt the sanctuary of the goddess Ninlil, in Tummal, a sacred quarter in her city of Nippur. Gilgamesh is the central character in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the greatest surviving work of early Mesopotamian literature. In the epic his father was Lugalbanda and his mother was Ninsun (whom some call Rimat Ninsun), a goddess. In Mesopotamian mythology, Gilgamesh is a demigod of superhuman strength who built the city walls of Uruk to defend his people from external threats, and travelled to meet the sage Utnapishtim, who had survived the Great Deluge. He is usually described as two-thirds god and one third man.
    Pretty intense for a kids cartoon, and, in a pathetic attempt to bring things back the topic of the thread, perhaps a good example of creativity...
    Last edited by TheCurmudgeon; 12-16-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---