Thread: Human Rights Watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I can dig them out, I'll send the titles - HRW published a couple of excellent hard covers about the Anfal Campaigns and genocidal operations against the Iraqi Kurds of the late-1980's. When I worked for the USG in Kurdistan in the mid-1990's, we referred interested VIPs to those publications as excellent sources of background knowledge.

Cheers,
    Joe

Just because you haven't been hit yet does NOT mean you're doing it right.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by redbullets
    If I can dig them out, I'll send the titles - HRW published a couple of excellent hard covers about the Anfal Campaigns and genocidal operations against the Iraqi Kurds of the late-1980's. When I worked for the USG in Kurdistan in the mid-1990's, we referred interested VIPs to those publications as excellent sources of background knowledge.

Cheers,
    They're no longer available on-line in free pdf, but they are still readable on-line, or you can order hard copies:

HRW, Jul 93: Genocide in Iraq - The Anfal Campaign Against the Kurds

HRW, Dec 92: The Destruction of Koreme During The Anfal Campaign

I was able to visit Koreme during OPC, and had the opportunity to sit down and speak with some of the survivors from '88. It was a sobering experience.

Joe - would you have happened to be with the DART team during the time frame you mentioned?